
My baby is now a big boy and refuses to eat baby food. I had been hanging onto the baby food for dear life because 1) its so easy to pop open a jar and 2) I can make sure he is getting the right amounts of fruits, veggies, protein, etc.
Well, for a couple of weeks now Evan will no longer eat baby food and SHAKES with anger when I try to give him something he doesn't want to eat. I've found limited successes with cheese, and bread. He likes peaches one week, then wont touch them the next. Strawberries have passed the test. Green beans, peas, pinto beans, have all gotten a veto. I've even tried mac and cheese and spaghetti-os...what kid doesn't love mac and cheese!! I found out today that he will eat a banana if he can bite it off himself instead of having it cut up for him. I'll be trying that again for sure.
I always thought you had to "teach" a child to be a picky eater, but giving them unhealthy food sometimes, and then expecting them to want to eat the healthy food at other times. But other than his birthday cake, he only eats healthy food...I'll take any suggestions you might have to sneak some good food into my child.
Who knows, hopefully this too shall pass quickly. Really, other than that, this is a pretty great phase in his busy little life :)
----
Update 11/9/10: We have found success with frozen Chicken Nuggets (Earth's Best brand fully cooked, baked, organic and microwavable), frozen organic "Salmon Sticks" which have veggies hidden in them too, frozen Edimame, and frozen broccoli. Of course bread, cheese, and most fruits are still favorites.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.